My Quick & Easy Creamy Tuna & Dill Pasta
2 x Anchovie Fillets
2 Tbsp Oil
1 Brown Onion Chopped Finely
425g Tin Of Tuna In Springwater – Drained
300ml Thickened Cream
1/2 Cup Of Grated Parmesan cheese
Small Handful Chopped Dill
Salt & Pepper
1. Heat Oil, Anchovies & Onions And Cook On Medium Heat For About 5 Minutes Until Cooked Through.
2. Add Tuna, Stir And Cook for A Further 5 Minutes, On Low Heat Add Cream, Season With Salt & Pepper, Cook For A Further 5 Minutes Stirring Occasionally. Add Parmesan Cheese And Stir Until Cheese Dissolves.
3. Take Sauce Off Heat, Add Sauce To Pasta In A Bowl And Combine Well, Serve And Sprinkle With Fresh Dill.
My Simple Tomato, Chilli & Coriander Salad 🍅
Punnet Of Small Red & Orange Tomatoes
Handful Coriander – chopped
1 long red chilli – sliced
2 long Spring Onions – sliced
6 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
3 tablespoons light soy
1 lime squeezed
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1. Slice Tomatoes, chilli and Spring Onion & Chop Coriander And Place In Bowl.
2. Combine well teriyaki, soy, lime & sugar. Add to bowl. Leave in Fridge For 1 hour. Serve.
Winter Comfort Snack: My Truffle Cheddar, Bacon, Spring Onion, Jalapeños & Fresh Vine Tomato Loaded Fries Topped w/ Tomato Salsa & Sour Cream.
Half Bag Of Frozen Chips
2 Bacon Rashers – Diced Small
3 Spring Onions – sliced Thinly
2 Tbsp Truffle Butter
Handful Grated Truffle Cheddar
8 Pickled Jalopenos – Chopped
1 Tomato – Diced Small
1. Put Oven On 180°c. On baking tray add frozen chips and place in oven for about 18 minutes.
2. In pan on medium heat. Add truffle butter, spring onion & bacon and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Place Chips in a deep dish, add cheese, spring onion and bacon mixture add back into oven for about 10 minutes or until cheese has melted.
4. Add tomatoes, jalapeños, tomato salsa & sour cream. Serve
NOTE: Add what ever amount of cheese you want. If you dont like too much cheese then only add a handful.
My Breakfast Delight. Whipped Ricotta & Truffle Honey served with Toasted Sourdough Bread.
350grams whole milk ricotta cheese
1 Heaped tablespoon Truffle honey
2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
¼ teaspoon crushed Chilli Flakes
¼ teaspoon dried Thyme
¼ teaspoon Truffle salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 small loaf Sourdough bread, cut into 1” slices
In a medium mixing bowl whisk together the ricotta, honey and lemon juice until completely combined.
Spread out on a small plate and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle the top with Chilli Flakes, thyme, salt and pepper.
Heat a large grill over medium-high heat. Add the slices of bread and cook until grill marks appear, about 1 minute. Flip and cook for an additional minute. Remove and halve the slices. Serve warm with the ricotta.
Ready For The Oven: My Baked Triple Brie: w/ Black Truffle Oil, Black Garlic, Lemon Zest & Fresh Thyme. 🧀🌿🍋
4 Thyme Sprigs, Use only the Leaves
1 Tsp finely Grated Lemon Rind
5 Black Garlic Cloves, whole or thinly Sliced
1 Tbsp Black Truffle Oil
200g Triple Brie (Any Brand)
1. Preheat Oven to 180°C. Cut a decent amount of baking paper enough to securely close the brie.
2. Score the brie as seen on photo. Add Truffle Oil and rub all over the brie. Place the Garlic evenly inside & on top of the brie. Add the Thyme and Lemon Rind.
3. Securely close the brie in the baking paper and place on a baking tray and bake for about 12 minutes or until the brie is soft to touch in the centre.
4. Serve it with a breadstick of your choice. French Baguette or Pane Di Casa will work wonders. Open up a bottle of Pinot Noir and Bon Appetite 🧀🍷🥖
My Salt & Pepper Squid: Sprinkled with Chilli Salt served with a Sundried Tomato Aioli & Pickled Cucumber. 🌶🥒 #squid #seafood #saltandpeppersquid
INGREDIENTS: 3 x Large Clean Squid Hoods, pat dry, Sliced into rings.
1/2 Cup Rice Flour, Add Salt & Pepper to the flour and combine.
Rice Bran Oil for Frying
1. Coat Squid well in flour and dust off any excess flour.
2. Small Batches at a time add Squid over Medium Heat in frying pan and cook for about 45 seconds until lightly golden in colour.
3. Sprinkle with Chilli Salt
In a food processor, add 1 heaped teaspoon Dried Chilli Flakes and 1 Tablespoon Sea Salt. Process until well combined.
SUNDRIED TOMATO AIOLI
3/4 Cup Sundried Tomatoes, oil drained.
1 Large Egg & 1 Large Egg Yolk
1 1/2 Cups Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Garlic Clove – crushed
Pinch Sea Salt
Add the sundried tomatoes, egg and yolk and garlic in a food processor until smooth. With machine running, slowly add oil until combined. (If sauce is too thick, just add water, 1 teaspoon at a time.) Season with sea salt.
My Panfried Brussel Sprouts w/ Bacon, Spring Onions, Garlic & Lemon 🌿🍋 Ingredients
25 – 30 Brussel Sprouts, sliced
4 Spring Onions, sliced
4 Bacon Rashers, diced
4 Garlic Cloves, sliced
1 Lemon Juiced
Salt & Pepper to season.
Add oil, on Medium heat Panfry Spring Onions and bacon for 5 minutes. Add brussel sprouts and garlic cook for 10 minutes stirring occasionally. Add lemon juice and season with salt and pepper and serve.
MY TOFU SANG CHOY BOW
400g Tofu extra firm diced small
5-6 Brown Mushrooms diced
2 Garlic Cloves crushed
2 tsp Fresh Ginger
3 Spring Onions sliced
1/2 Carrot diced small
3 Tbsp Hoisin Sauce
2 Tbsp Soy sauce
1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
Small Cos Lettuce Leaves.
1. Combined Tofu, garlic, ginger, hoisin, soy, sesame oil to Marinate for 2 hours min in fridge.
2. Panfry, spring onions, carrot, mushroom. Add tofu cook for about 5 minutes, serve in lettuce cups.
3. Sprinkle with Simon Johnson Fried Shallots. Fried Shallots can be bought from Simon Johnson http://www.simonjohnson.com @simonjohnsonprovidore